Following guidance from the Mayor’s office and Department of Health, most programs at Marks JCH have transitioned to remote operations.
All fitness, aquatics, and membership in-the-building activities as well as classes, are on pause and postponed. Please visit our events section to join Membership Fitness Classes online.
Early Childhood, Youth Classes, Services for Kids with Disabilities, Teen Programs, and After School and COMPASS operations have moved online till further notice. If you are interested to learn more, please reach out to:
EMAIL or CALL (718) 331-6800 + EXT
- Rebecca Novikov (ext. 133) for Early Childhood and Pre-K for All
- Nataliya Golub (ext. 115) for After School, COMPASS, and Services for Youth with Disabilities
Nina Faynberg (ext. 190) for Teen Services and Programs
Yanina Abramova (ext. 141) for Art, Music and Dance Classes
Joseph Armanious (ext. 190) for Summer Day Camp
We continue to provide meals for vulnerable seniors with the help of the Department for the Aging (DFTA). All meals are now delivered to homes of the senior adults. If you need a meal or have questions, please reach out to:
- Rachel Libus (718-331-6800, ext. 173) Senior Center Director or
- Anna Geiman (718-331-6800, ext. 172) Senior Center Coordinator
SOCIAL SERVICES, CASE MANAGEMENT, NEW MOTHERS/WOMEN’S CENTER, SERVICES FOR VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, SNAP (FOOD STAMPS) ASSISTANCE.
All of our case managers continue to work (remotely) and are available by phone and email for consultations. Please see phone numbers below (alphabetical list):
CALL (718) 331-6800 + EXT.
- Natalia Petrova (ext. 144) General Social Service questions & referrals
- Irina Balagula (ext. 137) SNAP-Food Stamp Program Questions and Applications
- Vera Ciulla (ext. 187) Financial Advice and Medical Bills advocacy/assistance.
- Alla Itkina (ext. 157) Immigrant Services – Naturalization, Citizenship Examination and Prep, questions about unemployment
- Maryana Netis (ext. 127) Safety Net Services, Assistance with Entitlements, and questions that might need Legal Help/Involvement.
- Susan Somers (ext. 147) Domestic and Family Violence Prevention
Laura Vladimirova (ext 194) for New Mother’s/Women’s Center Programs
SENIOR ADULT NNORC SERVICES and SERVICES FOR HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS:
CALL (718) 331-6800 + EXT.
- Maya Bourshtein (ext. 169) Holocaust Services Center Director
- Raisa Latrushkina (ext. 109) Holocaust Center Social Worker
- Vera Spektor (ext. 188) Holocaust Center Social Worker
- Inna Lukyanenko (ext. 174) “Good Neighbors” NNORC Center Director
- Oleksandra Okhrym (ext. 176) “Good Neighbors” NNORC Coordinator
- Cecilia Connors (ext. 151) “Good Neighbors” NNORC Nurse
SELF-SUFFICIENCY CENTER INCLUDING:
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – offering classes on a regular schedule, via remote learning: free intensive online ESOL classes for adults, ages 18 and up.
Job Placement and Vocational Training Center – Marks JCH provides relevant training and education to those interested in exploring new careers. During this time, we are offering the following online trainings:
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Medical billing and coding
- Home Health Aide (HHA) certificate training
Please contact Anastasia Zhukova, 718-331-6800, ext.166 for Workforce training and Job Placement services.