The Marks JCH opened in 1927 as an anchor for the Brooklyn Jewish community. Since then, we have served more than four million individuals of all ages, religions and nationalities through our social service, health, educational, cultural and recreational programs. Since the mid-1980s, we have helped resettle more than 50,000 immigrants from the former Soviet Union.
A home away from home, the JCH is where visitors meet the love of their life, foster life-long friendships, grow to adulthood, and, for some, obtain life-saving support. We’re a center of Jewish community life, a recreational hub, a social service center and a resettlement house.
The JCH’s programs are funded in part by grants from the City and State of New York, UJA-Federation of New York and groups such as the Robin Hood Foundation, Butler Foundation, and Edith and Carl Marks Family Foundation.
The remainder of our funding comes from the generosity of individuals like you. Help the JCH help others in our community. We welcome gifts of all sizes.