The Russian Senior Center, or “Poka Gorit Svecha,” is a JCH program designed for the interests of the Russian-speaking aging community. The program offers volunteer led interest clubs including: Holocaust Survivors and WWII Veterans Group; Leningrad Blockade Survivors Group; Book Lovers Club; Song Lovers Club; School of Health; American Heritage and Video Club; a Russian library; sports activities such as badminton; and leadership development programs for club leaders. Schedule varies monthly. Please check back regularly for updates.
Leningrad Blockade Club
ASSOCIATION OF LENINGRAD BLOCKADE (Siege) SURVIVORS and members of their families, NEW YORK
ОБЩЕСТВО БЛОКАДНИКОВ ГОРОДА-ГЕРОЯ ЛЕНИНГРАДА И ЧЛЕНОВ ИХ СЕМЕЙ, НЬЮ-ЙОРК
Calendar – Russian Seniors Clubs – Program “Poka Gorit Svecha”
Click here to enlarge
- Ages: 60 and over. Prior registration is required.
- Schedule: Open year-round, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Registration: Call Maya Bourshtein 718-943-6309
- Fees: Club participation is free*
* +$50 for badminton; $185 for pool and fitness center access