We hope this message finds you all healthy and safe! We are very excited to announce that the Marks JCH Health and Wellness Center – Pool and Fitness Center will be reopening and welcoming its members on March 1st, 2021.
Along with this letter, please find attached schedules for all Health and Fitness Center offerings currently available for our members. The updated health and safety protocols compliant with NYSDOH COVID-19 related rules and regulations are listed below.
The safety of our members and staff is of the utmost priority. Over the last few months, we have been hard at work to prepare for our reopening in compliance with all CDC and NYS DOH COVID-19 protocols and regulations. We have ensured that all safety precautions will be taken for your aquatics and fitness experience. Our facilities and hours have been modified to create a safe and healthy environment for all. Below is a list of adjustments that we made to our Health and Wellness Center to ensure YOUR safety:
- Upgraded air filters – All our HVAC systems have been upgraded with new MERV 13 filters, which promote a clean and healthy environment and aid in stopping contaminants from passing through the filter and into the air stream to prevent air contamination.
- New cleaning protocols – Our team created 45-minute classes with a full 15 minutes of cleaning in between each class. Notably, our pool and fitness center will be completely emptied of members between classes to enable staff to clean and disinfect with CDC and EPA-approved agents. Our staff received education on the proper use of PPE while cleaning and disinfecting, and cleaning protocols are established as part of employees’ responsibility
- Sanitizers and wipes available throughout the facility – For your safety, hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes will be available for members throughout their time in the center to disinfect their hands and wipe down every piece of exercise equipment they’ve used before rotating to the next station.
- Daily health screenings for staff and all members/visitors – Prior to entering the building, all staff, members, and visitors are required to fill out a health screening form and measure their temperature. Please see below for more information for members.
- Reduced capacity to maintain social distancing – Our fitness and pool will open with a significantly reduced class capacity to minimize congestion in the pool, fitness center, and lobby spaces and to maintain social distancing/physical distancing recommendations set forth by the CDC. Since members are required to register for classes online ahead of time, we are able to control the number of members and staff present at the center at any given time.
- Staff PPE – All staff will be wearing face masks, as well as latex-free disposable gloves any time they engage in cleaning and/or disinfecting protocols. Lastly, the importance of regular and effective hand-washing, as well as the use of hand sanitizer, is integrated into our protocols and checklists.
Membership for all members will reactivate on March 1st and all members will receive access to our Health and Wellness Center based on their individual membership purchase prior to March 16th, 2020. Each member will have access to as many remaining months of Membership as originally accrued prior to the membership freeze.
There are a number of changes our staff put in place to ensure your health and safety, which we’d like to bring your attention to:
- Online Booking System/Phone App (SIGNUPGENIUS) – All members will be required to use an online reservation service to book their time slot to access the pool and fitness center. You will be able to book one 45-minute class per day for both, fitness and pool. Due to the required limited capacity, you will not be able to use the facility without booking an appointment. To set yourself up, please visit https://www.signupgenius.com/ and click on the “Create a Sign Up” green button in the upper right corner. Alternatively, you can download an App from your smartphone store and create your account there – SignUpGenius. A separate email will be sent with step-by-step instructions.
- New Member ID – When you come in to use the facility for the first time, please stop by the membership desk to update your ID card with the newly updated expiration date.
- Face Coverings – Face coverings will be required to be worn at ALL times during your time in the locker room and fitness center, as well as the pool deck.
- Health Screenings – You will be required to fill out a COVID screening form prior to your arrival at the center every time before you enter Marks JCH. The Health Screening form can be found here https://www.jchb.org/health-screening/, please make sure to always select Health and Wellness Center.
- Temperature Checks – In addition, all members entering the building will be required to measure their temperature at the main entrance of the building. Please note that members with an elevated temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Sanitizing of All Equipment – All members using the fitness center will be required to wipe down their machines BEFORE and AFTER their use. Wipes will be available for all members during their workouts.
- Social Distancing – Please make sure to follow social distancing rules and stay at least 6 feet away from all other members and staff at all times. Please note that certain lockers and machines WILL NOT be available for use.
- Locker Rooms – At this time the locker rooms will be available for changing only. Several lockers will be closed off to ensure social distancing is maintained. Please ensure that you are only using the locker rooms that are available. Members WILL NOT be able to store their belongings in lockers overnight or rent lockers at this time. The showers, steam rooms, and saunas will remain closed as per NYS regulations. For members using the pool, showers on the pool deck will be available.
We have missed you all and are very excited to welcome you home to the Marks JCH Health and Wellness Center. Please note that while we are working very hard to ensure the health and safety of all of our members, it is up to all of our members to adhere to the protocols and keep our community safe.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 718-943-6311 or [email protected]chb.org.
Diana El Bassiouny,