The Marks JCH is providing assistance to lesbian and gay Russian-speakers – individuals and families who are fleeing Russia and Ukraine following a growing wave of discrimination and violence aimed at LGBT community. The Marks JCH offers comprehensive support and serves as a hub for LGBT Russian-speakers.
Our experienced staff focuses on provision of concrete services to refugees and asylum seekers. Case management will enable each client to be assessed for and receive from among the following services:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Guidance in opening bank accounts
- Referrals for health insurance
- Assistance obtaining local identification papers
- Access to the Marks JCH health and wellness programs
- Space for peer support groups
- Psychological support
- Referrals to partner agencies where needed, such as NYLAG for pro bono legal assistance in pursuing asylum.
In cases where appropriate, emergency cash assistance is provided. Additional social components include access to children and family programs and peer support groups.
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Contact: Michaela Slutsky, 718-943-6326 or 718-331-6800 ext 190
- Fees: None